Canapés with Egg and Chives
20 Meals: Snack White Meat
- 170 gram cream cheese
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves or to taste
- 2 tablespoons mahram mayonnaise
- 1 long baguette sliced about 1/4″ to 1/3″ thick
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2-3 hard-boiled eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh chives chopped (parsley also makes a great garnish)
How to prepare
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees .
- Slice the bread in to half inch slices. Place them on a baking sheet and
- lightly brush both sides with melted butter.
- Bake 5 minutes, or until they are just starting to golden. Do the” poke” test with your finger to make sure they are still soft in the center. Let these cool to room temperature. It’s ok if they are still a little warm when spreading.
- Place cream cheese in small bowl. Peel and finely grate the garlic cloves into the bowl.
- Mash together cream cheese, garlic and mahram mayonnaise, just until smooth.
- Spread desired amount on each baguette slice.
- Finely grate egg over each baguette slice and sprinkle with fresh chives (or freshly chopped parsley) for garnish.