Chicken in almond and honey sauce for Iftar
30 Meals: main White Meat
4 tbsp Mahram olive oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
400g chopped tomatoes
400ml chicken stock
110g flaked almonds, chopped
2 tbsp Mahram honey
Coriander sprigs, chopped
How to prepare
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large casserole dish set over a moderate heat until hot. Season the chicken and then sear in the hot oil until golden all over.
- Remove to a plate and set aside, covered loosely with aluminium foil. Reduce the heat under the dish to medium.
- Heat the remaining oil in the dish and then add the onion and garlic. Saute for 5-6 minutes until starting to colour, and then stir in the ras al hanout. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock, and bring the sauce to a simmer. Stir in the almonds and honey before positioning the chicken thighs in the sauce.
- Cover with a lid and cook over a reduced heat for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and then spoon into shallow bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley on top before serving.