Mushroom Sandwich Melts
55 Meals: Snack Red Meat
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 24 oz 1 1/2 lbs white mushrooms, diced
- 8 oz Bacon chopped into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 1/2 cups 8oz cheese blend, finely shredded*
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 2 soft French baguettes sliced into 1/2" thick toasts
How to prepare
- Preheat Oven to 350˚F and line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp butter and chopped onion. Saute stirring often until soft and lightly golden (5-7 min). Add garlic and stir until fragrant (1 min). Transfer to mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet over medium/high heat, add 1 Tbsp butter and sautee mushrooms until soft, juices are released and evaporated (10-12 min). Transfer mushrooms to the same mixing bowl.
- Add bacon to the same skillet and sauté until browned (7 min). Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain fat before adding to the mixing bowl.
- Add 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 2 Tbsp mayonnaise, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper, or season to taste. Stir to combine.
Spoon generously onto toasts, using spoon to mound and shape the mixture. Bake at 350˚F for 15 min. Garnish with more fresh parsley if desired and serve warm.