Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 3/4 cup Mahram RedHot sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick), melted and cooled slightly
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound), cut in half crosswise
- For the slaw and serving:
- 4 ounces carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 4 ounces celery stalks (about 2 medium celery stalks)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1 medium scallion, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 8 slider buns, split
How to prepare:
Place the hot sauce and butter in a medium resealable plastic bag and stir to combine. Add the chicken and seal the bag, pressing out any excess air. Turn the bag to coat the chicken evenly. Let marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
For the slaw and serving:
Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high (about 375°F to 425°F). Meanwhile, make the slaw.Peel the carrots and grate them on the large holes of a box grater; transfer to a large bowl. Halve the celery stalks lengthwise, very thinly slice them crosswise, and add to the bowl. Add the sour cream, blue cheese, hot sauce, and scallion and stir to combine. Set aside while you grill the chicken.When the grill is ready, remove the chicken from the marinade, letting any excess drip off, and discard the marinade. Place the chicken on the grill and close the grill. Cook, flipping the chicken after about 4 minutes. Continue cooking until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove to a clean plate and tent with foil.Place the buns cut-side down on the grill and toast until grill marks appear on the bottom, about 1 to 2 minutes.
To assemble, place 1 piece of chicken on each bottom bun. Divide the slaw over the chicken, and close with the top buns.